Save, help and prevent
According to a recent joint survey into the use of portable fire extinguishers in the UK by FETA and IFEDA, fire extinguishers are estimated to:
- Save the UK economy over £7 billion ( based on values of the total fire claims for commercial premises in 1999)
- Prevent 1629 injuries ( based on figures for deaths and injuries caused by fire published in 2001)
- Prevent the loss of 24 lives ( based on figures for deaths and injuries caused by fire published in 2001)
Fire losses in the UK are currently estimated at £7 billion per annum.
Fire extinguishers are designed to prevent relatively minor incidents becoming major conflagrations.
The survey concluded that:
- Fire extinguishers were used to extinguish 79.9% of all fires and as a consequence the fire brigade were not called
- 84.2% of fires started as a result of an accident
- 43.6% of fires were caused by electric
- ALL FIRES START AS SMALL FIRES
Never underestimate the value to YOUR business of having fully serviced Fire Extinguishers available at all times, for your peace of mind.
The table below indicates which type of fire extinguisher to select and use in event of fire:
If you'd like to find out more about our Fire Extinguisher service, then click here to contact us. We have offices based in Bicester and Bristol, and serve all areas in-between. Please call us on either Bicester 01869 252600, Bristol 01275 333336