Did you know that we have gone through some of the biggest changes in the Fire industry for over 50 years?
The Office of the Deputy Prime Minister, has unveiled plans to reform UK fire safety laws for businesses, by means of a single Order, made under the regulatory Reform act 2001 which took effect on 1st October 2006.
Key elements of the reform are as follows:
- The new regime will place a greater focus on fire prevention, with the emphasis for responsibility for fire safety on the employer or 'responsible person' for any building or premises
- Employers have to assess the risks of fire and take steps to reduce or remove them. The risk assessment would have to be amended as circumstances change
- Employers also have to meet certain specific requirements, such as making sure that there are adequate means of escape and the right sort of fire-fighting equipment is available
- Once the order becomes law, businesses will no longer need a fire certificate, although fire and rescue authorities will continue to inspect premises and ensure they have adequate fire precautions in place
We are experts and will help you to meet your legal and moral obligations.
We are happy to visit your site to meet you and discuss your company requirements. We will give you advice on:
- Fire Signage requirements
- Fire Extinguisher placement
- Fire Alarm requirements or upgrades/repair
- Fire Risk Assessment requirements
- Fire Doors and auxilliary equipment
With offices based in Bristol and Bicester, and covering the surrounding areas of Oxford and Bath, to find out more information about our services, please call us on either Bicester 01869 252600, Bristol 01275 333336 or you can email us here.